I'm not sure of you ever watch any of Carolyn Dubes videos but she refers to an OOPS as
an Outstanding Opportunity has Presented its Self.
I had a few OOPS with this art journal page!
Art Journal Layers
1. White gesso tinted with a drop of yellow acrylic paint.
2. Using a handmade sun ray stencil, I dabbed on yellow acrylic paint.
3. Brush on a layer of clear irridescent paint, this creates a lovely shimmer.4. Cut out the word PEACE wish my sizzix die, I used these letters as a stencil and deep purple paint.
This was my first OOPS! The letters where cut out of thick plastic and the paint seeped under the letters, so had to use a craft knife to scratch away the excess paint, this distressed the letters and I liked the look. the words 'comes from within' are hand written.
5. OOPS 2 - I wanted to paint 3 circles in the bottom right hand side of the page, I was a bit heavy handed with the paint, so the circles looked like really messy splurges, so I decided to rub away the paint but it left a light pink residue, so now introducing a lovely pink border.
6. The branches are sizzix dies cut from brown envelopes and coloured with brown ink. The blossoms are off cuts from some of my handmade tissue paper fabric.
7. Buddha is another of my handmade stencils with dark brown acrylic paint and treasure gold. A black permanent ink marker is used add depth to the Buddha.
8. The butterflies have been punched out of an old music sheet and coloured with blue intense pencils.
Looking forward to seeing what others come up with for this challenge. No stamping allowed!
Thanks for stopping by. Lou x