I'm delighted to have received the DT pick of the month from Unstampabelles for my Thank You card in the January challenge. Thank You Unstampabelles.
The challenge at Unstampabelles this month is to incorporate a national symbol or iconic image from your country into your work - something a stranger to your land would immediately recognise as being of your place. The twist is to use the colours from your country's flag on your project somewhere
Note too, that it does not have to be a card - you can make any paper project as long as you don't use a stamp of any kind on it (excluding postage stamps - you can use them!)
I am loving stag heads at the moment and thought it would look fabulous against the Scotland flag.
1. I made a stag head stencil and used ink to colour in.
2. Using more ink and a straw, I blew through a straw to get the antlers, this is so much fun and unpredictable, it took a few attempts to get the look I was after!
3. Using the sticky part of a post it note, I masked off the cross, then coloured the remaining area with light blue pan pastels.
4. The edges are inked with a dark blue ink.
5. Mounted my design onto a white card base.
TFL Lou x