Vintage Wings Mixed Media Canvas
1. Prime the canvas with gesso.
2. Using stencils and modelling paste create some dimension (Harlequin effect and old Roman letters).
3. Apply a thin layer of gesso.
4. Add highlights with white iridescent paint.
5. Add more highlights with gold paint and distress the edges.
6. Cover book pages lightly with white gesso.
7. Cut out using the sizzix wings die x 3, edge with gold paint and layer up.
8. Attach to canvas.
9. Cut out and attach 4 stars from gold painted paper.
10. Add a label, beads and other embellishments.
I still feel it needs something to bring it to life, so I've added a small metal heart charm in the brightest pink ever!! I do love colour and for me it finishes the piece beautifully.
TFL Lou x